Friday, October 5, 2012

Lymph Notes



Interview season has started up again at UT Southwestern. Every Friday and Saturday, I see people dressed up in black suits and high heels walking around our campus. It feels so weird to see them because it feels just like yesterday that I was in their place. 

I have to admit, Southwestern has a unique interview schedule. Interviewees start arriving Thursday night/Friday for a mixer and welcome interview dinner on Friday, and then the actual interview and tour is on Saturday. I'm pretty sure it was the only school that I interviewed at that had its interviews on the weekends. The schedule works well because everything is spaced out and organized and nothing feels too rushed. Also they feed you!! (and by you, I mean me AND the interviewees :). 

Earlier in the semester, I tried out for the acappella group on campus. I was really surprised when I got in since I didn't really have any previous acappella experience. As part of the Lymph Notes (get it?), we perform at the interview dinners pretty much every week. I finally managed to get a copy of a video of us singing today and thought I'd share it with you guys. The quality isn't the best, but the sound should be fine. We're working on a new song for next week, so stayed tuned! 

No comments:

Post a Comment