Sunday, September 16, 2012

Fried Mushrooms


My friend Jo's boyfriend came down from CT the other day. They were super sweet and invited a bunch of people over for a homemade lunch. We feasted on pasta and this raspberry-accented salad, but my absolute favorite dish of the day were these fried mushrooms that Jo's boyfriend whipped up. They were delicious -- not too soft, not too crunchy, and cooked to a golden perfection. On my way home that afternoon, I bought some mushrooms of my own and decided to try to make them myself. It took me an extremely long time, mostly because I forgot what the recipe was so I had to go by trial and error (and unreliable recipes from the internet). They turned out well in the end though. Here's how to make this dish in four easy steps:

Ingredients

Flour
Garlic Salt
Pepper
(any other herbs you want to mix in. ie basil)
White mushrooms (sliced)
Oil (or butter)


Step 1: Wash and slice mushrooms.


Step 2: Mix the flour, garlic salt and pepper in a bowl. Dip both sides of the mushrooms in the mixture. and make sure it's covered evenly on both sides.


Step 3: Add oil to a heated pan and carefully place mushrooms in. Flip mushroom slices occasionally to cook on both sides.


Step 4: Yum. Enjoy your masterpiece. 



No comments:

Post a Comment