Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Fruit & Vegetable Juices


When I was in NYC this summer, my friend Lianna took me to this amazing juice bar in Brooklyn - near Williamsburg. Now, I have to admit, I'm not a very big juice fan, and my experiences with juice places is...limited...but, this juice bar was much better than I expected! The thing is, they had some really unique mixes of fruits and vegetables in their juice selection that I never would had thought to combine. For instance, one juice was a mix of carrot, apple, and pineapple. Another, had ginger, carrots and oranges! I was hesitant about diving in with one of their fruit AND vegetable drinks, so I just got one of their fruit juices (which was still delicious). However, this past weekend, during a much needed study break, my friend Adina and I decided to have a juice party!

Here are two juice combinations that we came up with:

Celery + Pineapple (the mix of the two is soo good! It doesn't taste like celery or pineapple...more like pinelery or celapple).

and 

Guava + Pineapple (we both love pineapple :))

Both juices are super easy to make. All you have to do is put the ingredients into a blender. Add ice, water and sugar (occasional taste checks are encouraged) and blend until there are no more clumps. 


No comments:

Post a Comment