Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Moving Day Part 1


I have big news...


Tomorrow, I’m moving to Dallas! My dad is helping me move from Cincinnati to Dallas by driving this gigantic 14 ft Uhaul, while I follow lazily in my little car. According to Google Maps, it is 932 miles and should take us about 15 hours. Think we’ll make it by Thursday afternoon? 


I think my mom is worried already. Note last night’s conversation:

Mom: You drive carefully, k?  Follow dad’s car, don’t go too fast. Leave 10 ft between cars (because I know exactly how far 10 ft is). and stop every two hour for break.

Me: Don’t worry mum. I’ve done this before (a total lie, since I’ve never driven more than an hour or two at a time before, but I’m just trying to calm those maternal nerves). Plus, I had practice today when we drove from the Uhaul dealership back home!

Mom: Yea, yea, but still, be careful. follow dad’s car. and don’t get lost. just follow him!

Me: I will, I will! Plus, if we get lost, I have my handy-dandy gps with voice navigation (it’s the mapquest app if anyone is interested and it’s life changing).

Mom: WHAT! nonono, don’t follow gps. follow DAD. who knows where you end up with gps. Then you both lost! Aiyouu…(a common asian sound with a meaning somewhere along the lines of “how could this happen” and “lord help us”).

Me: …

So I guess the moral of this story is: follow the gps dad.

Wish us luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment